LMAX Digital is a high capacity, low latency matching venue based on LMAX Group proprietary technology.
- Trusted, secure, reliable technology infrastructure
- Scalable architecture to meet increasing demand
- All orders time-stamped in μs (receipt to execution)
- Offline hardware, multi-signature cold wallets & vault storage
- Full custodian solution
Technology – key facts
- Ultra-low latency, consistent execution under 180μs
- High throughput >100,000 messages/second
- Superior exchange performance: uptime 100%
LMAX Digital is regulated by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission (GFSC) as a DLT provider for execution and custody services. LMAX Digital custody is based on a tiered offline wallet system, using cold wallets and vault storage to ensure best in breed security and risk management. All coins are held in cold storage with similar security infrastructure to gold vaults.
Cold Wallet – holds minimum number of coins required for settlement between institutional counterparties; it is a multi-signature wallet. Offline Hardware Security Modules/Multiple Eyes process is in place to protect withdrawals.
Vault Wallet – holds majority of coins; it is a completely offline, multi-signature wallet. Offline Hardware Security Modules/Multiple Eyes process is in place to protect withdrawals. Keys are stored on Hardware Security Modules in multiple geographically separate secure storage locations.