LMAX Digital is a high capacity, low latency matching venue based on LMAX Exchange proprietary technology.
- Trusted, secure, reliable technology infrastructure
- Scalable architecture to meet increasing demand
- All orders time-stamped in μs (receipt to execution)
- Safe and secure hot/cold/vault multi-signature wallets
- Full custodian solution
Technology – key facts
- Ultra-low latency, consistent execution under 180μs
- High throughput >100,000 messages/second
- Superior exchange performance: uptime 100%
LMAX Digital is regulated by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission (GFSC) as a DLT provider for execution and custody services. LMAX Digital custody is based on a multi-wallet solution to ensure best in breed security and risk management. The majority of coins are held in cold storage with similar security infrastructure to gold vaults.
LMAX Digital custodian solution is based on a tiered system of increasing security from Hot to Vault Wallets.
Hot Wallet – holds a small number of coins and is subject to withdrawal limits; it is directly connected to LMAX Digital exchange software for automated inward and outbound payments between counterparties.
Cold Wallet – holds minimum number of coins required for settlement between institutional counterparties and hot wallet top-ups; it is a multi-signature wallet. Offline Hardware Security Modules/Multiple Eyes process is in place to protect withdrawals.
Vault Wallet – holds majority of coins; it is a completely offline, multi-signature wallet. Offline Hardware Security Modules/Multiple Eyes process is in place to protect withdrawals. Keys are stored on Hardware Security Modules in multiple geographically separate secure storage locations.