LMAX Digital is a high capacity, low latency matching venue based on LMAX Exchange proprietary technology.
- Trusted, secure, reliable technology infrastructure
- Scalable architecture to meet increasing demand
- All orders time-stamped in μs (receipt to execution)
- Safe and secure hot/cold/vault multi-signature wallets
- Full custodian solution
Technology – key facts
- Ultra-low latency, consistent execution under 350μs
- High throughput >100,000 messages/second
- Superior exchange performance: uptime 100%
LMAX Digital custodian solution is based on a tiered system of increasing security from Hot to Vault Wallets.
Hot Wallet – holds a small number of coins and is subject to withdrawal limits; it is directly connected to LMAX Digital exchange software for automated inward and outbound payments between counterparties.
Cold Wallet – holds minimum number of coins required for settlement between institutional counterparties and hot wallet top-ups; it is a multi-signature wallet. Offline Hardware Security Modules/Multiple Eyes process is in place to protect withdrawals.
Vault Wallet – holds majority of coins; it is a completely offline, multi-signature wallet. Offline Hardware Security Modules/Multiple Eyes process is in place to protect withdrawals. Keys are stored on Hardware Security Modules in multiple geographically separate secure storage locations.